Wednesday, June 22

Baby Update

I have done a terrible job of tracking anything regarding Baby #2 on the blog or elsewhere.  I guess that is the way it goes when you have a toddler running around, a house on the market and a full time job.  But I guess I will console myself with the "better late than never" philosophy and catch up a little now.

At my 32 week appointment the doctor decided she wanted to check to see how big the little guy was at my 36 week appointment.  **The little guy is lovingly referred to as JR or Junior these days, but that is definitely not his name.  You will have to take my word on the name part because we still don't have one picked out nor are we close.  But, I can assure you it will not be Junior :)  Anyway, back to the appointment.  She said if he was large enough at 36 weeks and was looking to be 10+ pounds full term we would take a few different steps to see about having him early.  Thankfully, he only measured 5 lb 12 oz today (Rease was at 6 lbs at 34 weeks) so she isn't overly concerned.  My belly is still measuring 2 weeks ahead of where it should be, so she said we will probably have another sono in a few weeks to see if his weight gain has drastically increased.  And if so, then I guess it's time to have a baby!

He was completely uncooperative for any of the pictures today and wouldn't get his hand out of his face.  He was also asleep, which I was slightly annoyed about because this child never stops moving.  I was looking forward to watching him roll around and such, but he decided to take a nap instead.

There is the front of his face looking at you.

A side shot of his face with his right arm up.  He was holding his 
toes with his other hand but you can't really see it well in the picture.

So everything is going well and I will try to get a picture up of my enormously large belly tomorrow.  I am to the point where I have about 4 shirts that are actually long enough to cover my belly.  So everyone at work has a pretty good chance of guessing what shirt I will be wearing each day :) I might have to break down and wear some dresses to work in the next few weeks because it may come down to that or walking around with my belly hanging out :)  And no one wants to see that :)

I am about ready to call it a night and go to bed.  I know it's only 8:30 but I am dragging.  The tiredness has really set in this last week and by about 2pm I am struggling to stay awake at work.  I probably would have been in bed earlier tonight, but Rease wouldn't fall asleep.  Speaking of Rease, yesterday I asked her what she wanted to name her brother and she said "Minnie, Mater, and Tractor".........  The girl is crazy.

I also need to come up with a new name for the blog.  "Baby Makes Three" isn't really fitting anymore.  Any good suggestions out there?  I thought about "Corwin Chaos", as that seems very fitting these days, but haven't made my mind up for sure :)

1 comment:

Dave and Jenny McIntosh said...

JR is bigger than Liam right now...but not by much...He will be here soon! Boy names are HARD!