Tuesday, August 10

Growing Too Fast

In just a couple of days Rease will be 15 months old, where does the time go?  She is doing great and is growing so much lately.  She even moves to the Toddler room at day care next week,  how is that possible?!?

She has recently (the last 3-4) weeks started shaking her head yes.  It started out as more of a whole body nod, but she is doing really well with it now.  If you ask her questions, she is really good about shaking her head yes or no and knows what she means.  Yesterday I picked her up from day care and they told me she shook her head yes when they asked her if her diaper was dirty (and it really was).  Then they asked her later in the day (when it wasn't) and she shook her head no.  Maybe we will have a semi-easy road to being potty trained :) 

She is babbling more and more all of the time, but still doesn't say a whole lot of words.  Yeah, bye bye, hi, and dog. She will say spider and move her fingers around when you sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and wave like crazy whenever you sing "She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain".  It's cute.  If you prompt her she will say cheese, ball, kitty cat and a few other words - but not too often. 

She is about to outgrow her 18 month clothes and her size 6 shoes...the girl has some large feet!  I am really hoping she will hold off on outgrowing the 18 month clothes at least until fall because we have a lot of 18 month pants.  I guess the good thing is she is tiny in the waist so they will probably fit there, they just might be a little short :)

I started my new job last week and it is going well.  The group is really super nice and the atmosphere is way more relaxed than being in the production environment.  I showed up my first day at 7 (which was practically late at my old job) and the lights weren't even on in the office!  My boss was the only other one there!  I do like getting there before everyone else does though, because you can really get some work done with no one to bug you!

Chris is still training for his marathon in September.  He is getting ready to go run now, actually.  I still think he is nuts, especially for running in this super hot weather and humidity. 

Not much else is new!  I will try to keep up with the posting better!  Next time, I might even add some pictures (I haven't been doing a very good job of taking many pictures lately.....).

3 comments:

Abrah said...

Perhaps this weekend when your child goes to bed at 7 and you have nothing else to do, you can scrounge (spelling?) up some pictures and post them. :) I will try to do the same, but my maniac will not be in bed at 7... Love you and Miss you Rease!

Abrah said...

Well, I keep checking the blog and still are finding no pictures...

Micah said...

I'm with Abrah...where are the pictures???