Tuesday, June 29

Finally some time to blog!

**I forgot to mention that Rease's one year pictures are up! Nellie did a wonderful job!  You can view the slideshow at:
http://www.nellie-photography.com/flaunt/?/page/7652/corwin/

I finally have a few minutes to post, sorry it has taken so long!

We have been so busy lately and it seems like one day just runs into another!  I don't even really know where to start with this post.  I kind of like the easy way I did the last one (mostly because I don't have to think of making sense with my paragraphs) so here are some major bullet points of what we have been up to lately.  **Sorry if you like post that involve cohesive paragraphs.  Maybe if I post more than twice a month you will be able to see those!
  • Rease is crazy.  She is so much fun but I tell ya, by the time she goes to bed at 7 I am worn out! 
  • She insists on being outside as soon as we get home in the afternoon.  If I even mention the word "outside" she immediatley goes to the back door and bangs on it.  If we aren't there in a minute or so she throws herself on the floor and wails.  It really is a nice thing to see :)  She also cries and kicks and throws her head back whenever we come in for dinner.  I think she would be content to live outside right now.
  • Rease is up to 12 teeth and thankfully the first 4 molars haven't been terrible.  She wakes up about once a night and usually goes back to sleep pretty easily.  Let's pray that keeps going, or that she doesn't wake up at all :)
  • Rease moves to the "Tods" class at daycare in August, sigh.
  • Rease had her last bottle of breastmilk about two weeks ago, guess she isn't a baby anymore :(
  • Rease is down to one "bottle" a day, right before bed.  Hopefully by the time we go home for the 4th we will be down to 0.  Then comes the pacifier :)
  • Rease is babbling all of the time.  She has been repeating the same 3 or so "words" for days now but I can't really tell what they are.  I am pretty sure 1 is dog, but no idea on the others.
  • Rease's belly seriously looks like she is a 9 month pregnant baby.  The girl loves her food.
  • Rease just woke up, dang...I'll be back.
  • I picked Rease up from daycare yesterday and she pretty much gave me the dirtiest look.  I have no idea where she gets that from!  It was hilarious though. She just sat there and glared at me!
  • Chris is still training for the marathon in September and I still think he is crazy!
  • I have accepted a new job effective Aug 1 (still with Cat in Peoria).  Due to this I have been crazy busy at work and it stinks.  I liked it when I had time to catch up on my blogs at work :)  Just kidding, kind of :)
  • The 10 students our church is hosting for a month just arrived on Friday from Basque country.  Last night we had a picnic and ultimate frisbee and soccer.  Tonight Chris is there playing "crazy games" with them.  The only game I knew of was eating chili out of diapers.  Gross.  The Basque kids are really going to think we are crazy now!
  • We will be home from Thursday night to Tuesday afternoon and are so excited for the long weekend with family!
  • I am really enjoying Sanctus Real lately, just in case you wanted to know :)
Enjoy some pictures!

How did Rease get too big for one piece pajamas?
I love these 3 pictures because she looks like she is dancing :)
The glare I got yesterday, was worse than this one!
She was singing while carrying her CD's around, too cute :)
Can you guess who this outfit was from?
 Rease was really enjoying playing in the rain!

Just a little wet!
Chris running in Peoria Heights during the Steamboat a couple
of weeks ago.  He ran a 1:08:?? for 9 miles.
Steamboat is considered the hardest 15K in Illinois, good
job Chris!
Rease was hamming it up while we were waiting on Chris after the race.
Rease and I were standing right behind these firefighters (who ran the 4 mi in their full gear - crazy!)
and an old man came up to tell them all thank you, I thought it was so
nice so I had to snap a pic!
We had blueberry pancakes for dinner last week and Rease was
absolutely covered!  She soaked in the bath for a long time!
We tried out the kiddie pool from Micah and Cal on Sunday.
Rease wasn't having any part of it at first, but she warmed up to it
eventually. 
I think we might have to upgrade to the next size up if she gets
any longer before summer is over!
This was right before she dunked her head under the water....
and right after :)
Almost every night Rease grabs her Boppy off of the couch
and lays on it.  That is when it is bed time!
Mom bought this shirt when we were in LA visiting Ryan back in Nov. 2008.
I was about 3 months pregnant with Rease, now it fits!
The back says "You are what you eat, so eat Good Stuff"
**Good Stuff is a cafe right down the street from Ry's apt.**

No comments: