Thursday, December 10

A Day in the Life....

I have a lot of cute pictures and videos to catch up with since Thanksgiving, but things have been a little hectic around here. Let me elaborate...

Last Wednesday I picked Rease up from day care and I could tell from across the room she had some nasty pink eye going on. Her eyes were so bloodshot and had all the goop oozing out of them, it was terrible. We got the drops and got a refill on her ointment (since we couldn't find the tube from the pink eye she had last month) and figured it would be looking better by the next day. We were wrong, I think it looked worse. So I stayed home with her and got her in to see the doc to make sure all that drainage coming out her eyes (and nose by this point) wasn't moving in to her ears. It was, dang. Ear infection #3....boo

She was looking mostly better by Friday so she went back to day care and I had to go to work...bummer...

The weekend rolled around and we had big plans of getting Christmas shopping done, putting up the Christmas decorations, getting the house cleaned up (because we were supposed to have visitors off and on this week), and making dinner for said visitors.

Well, Saturday rolled around and Chris had an eye appointment (yes, we are procrastinators and wait until the very end of the year to use our eye benefits...) and they dialated his eyes. Chris with dialated eyes = worthless for the rest of the day. I can't remember the last time I had my eyes dialated (well, I guess I can but it was after work already and I am always worthless after work) but I didn't think it was so bad. Saturday was also exceptionally sunny. Not a good combo. So Chris came home and sat in the chair with all the curtains closed and his sunglasses on for the majority of the day. I managed to get some cleaning done and some online shopping but that was about it.

Sunday I woke up feeling like I was getting all kinds of sinus trouble coming my way and didn't really feel well at all. I mustered up the energy to get out of bed and ready for church and off we went. Rease didn't take a nap before church and was fighting the thought of one after. I finally got her to go to sleep and we got the tree up and then she woke up. Chris and I both tried numerous time to get her to go back to sleep and she wasn't having any part of it unless one of us held her. So Chris sat with her asleep in his arms in the chair and I tried to find the energy to decorate the tree. I usually love decorating the tree, but this year not so much. I felt miserable by this time of the day and I just wanted it done. Does it look good, not so much - but it is up and decorated. That in itself is more than my big ol' pregnant self did last year for Christmas!

Sunday night Chris and I did find the energy to make 2 9x13 pans of shells and 2 loaves of french bread. One pan and the bread was for a couple in our church that just had a baby a few weeks back and the other was for a dinner we were supposed to have at our house with another couple from our church on Wednesday.

Monday I still felt terrible and Rease had since picked up a fever which meant she couldn't go to day care. I knew I couldn't handle being at home with her all day feeling like I did so Chris stayed home with her while I went to the doctor and was told I had H1N1. I really don't believe that I had it because I didn't have a lot of the symptoms, but whatever I guess. It is what it is.

So I called the guy from church and told him of my illness and said we wouldn't be offended if they didn't want the food, eventhough I was sure the oven would kill any germs. He kindly declined the offer at the looming threat of H1N1 and a new baby and said we would have to do it again later. Then I called the other couple and told them we were all sick and dinner would have to wait on Wednesday. So there it is 2 9x13 pans of shells in my freezer. Holy cow, that is a lot of shells! And no one to eat them!

Fast forward to today, we are finally getting healthy around here and spent last night making 3 batches of cookies for Chris to take to a carry in at work today. So, we were looking forward to a relaxing night tonight (except the double batch of rolls I had to make for Chris to take to another carry in tomorrow....they like to eat at Cat).

I picked up Rease and about died of laughter and humiliation when I read the note on her sheet for today that said "We had to give Rease a bath after her blowout today, there wasn't another option!". Oh gosh, my beautiful blue eyed, army crawling, talking baby girl had pooped all over the place to the point of having to get a bath at daycare. Sheesh. I guess she was just living up to the "pooping machine" nickname they gave her a while back. So we got home (she was alseep from all the excitement of the day I guess :) ) and I started the rolls. I let the dogs out and thought I smelled natural gas outside, but got side tracked by the time I got back inside so I forgot. Then Chris got home and he asked if I smelled natural gas and it hit me that yes I did and I had forgotten. Oops. So I called the provider and told them. In the mean time we realized our furnace wasn't working. Urg.... So Chris was trying to take care of that and I am trying to feed Rease dinner and make rolls. Busy place tonight. We got the furnace working (hopefully for good) and the guy from CILCO came about the gas smell. Turns out the neighbors furnace was causing the issue and he made them turn it off until they got it cleaned. We then felt terrible about it, but I guess being cold is better than dead....

The neighbor did talk to Chris and give him a big hug for calling and tell her how thankful she was that we called because they could have all gotten really sick and such. Turns out today was the first day they had even turned their furnace on (guess they didn't get the message that the low last night was a whopping 5 degrees!). She said they had just been using space heaters and could get buy one more night like that until they could get the furnace cleaned.

So, by the time that was over it was time to put Rease to bed and roll out the rolls and make dinner while they rose. Dinner is now over, the rolls are cooling and I realized that I forgot to call Riley to wish him a happy 3rd birthday!!! I am very saddened at this because I have been thinking about it all day and because I was sick I didn't get his present sent out in time for his party this weekend! I guess I won't be winning Aunt of the Year this year...

Anyway, I have a lot of pictures to post about Rease this weekend. And a few videos of her too - did you catch that I said she is an army crawler. She is all over the place and loving it. She thinks she is pretty cool stuff. But, that is another post. For now I am going to try to rest a minute before it is time for bed!

No comments: