Monday, June 8

Rethinking that Last Comment....

So...in the last post I said I probably shouldn't comment on Rease doing pretty well at night. Let me tell you, I regret saying it now!!!

Rease was up until 2:15 this morning and then slept for about an hour and a half and was up again until I finally got her to sleep on my chest on the couch about 5:00. She has this habit of sleeping in her bassinet or crib for about 20 minutes and then waking up and crying until one of us picks her up. The instant she is picked up she is back to sleep. It makes for one long night. And since Chris has been back to work for quite some time, I get up every time. Long nights.....

I did give up today and I left her in her crib crying until she fell asleep. I felt terrible about it, especially since she isn't even a month old and should be spoiled, but I was just too tired. She fell asleep in about 2 minutes and then slept for over an hour. So we both felt better when she woke up.

Her chair that plays music and vibrates is usually a good way to get her to fall asleep.....but what do you know, the vibration part quit working today...lucky us. Hopefully Chris can fix it when he gets home.

5 comments:

Justin, Haley, and Jayden Ramer said...

oh chels! Jayden is over 3 months and we are still having nights like that! :o( hang in there! i think my body has just gotten use to no sleep!!! take as much time off work as you can!!!!!!

- B said...

I ditto Haley! Brenna is almost a year old and still has her moments. Sometimes I still find myself on the couch with her on my chest. (Truthfully I like her being all cuddled up with her!) Very soon she will be 'too cool' for her mommy - so cuddle Rease while you can!

Dave and Jenny McIntosh said...

Maybe she was just really excited for Monday and to wish Ella a Happy 16th Birthday?? Hopefully she will sleep like a log tonight!

Cal said...

you know, my grandma said that my great-grandmother would mix a small amount of whiskey into her brothers bottle to get him to sleep. just an idea that im sure you are just itching to try.

Micah said...

I truly fear for my children.