Thursday, January 15

Need a Kleenex Anyone?

Last Saturday we decided to start leaving the dogs out of their crates for a few hours at a time. Our hopes were that we could get them used to being on their own without destroying the house before the baby comes. Our house is so small we really don't have room for their crates once we move in all the baby furniture down the road. The weekend went well as did Monday and Tuesday. I ended up running home at lunch each day to let them outside and make sure they hadn't eaten the couch or something. Yesterday I decided I didn't feel like driving home, it was cold and I figured "Oh what the heck, they'll be fine!". Turns out that wasn't such a great idea. I got home and found a box of Kleenex destroyed all over the living room floor. Even the box was ripped in to little pieces. We haven't given up yet, but we'll see how many more surprises I have to clean up when I get home......

6 comments:

Mandy & Jeremy Hall said...

Ahh, that looks all to familiar!! Good luck!

Mandy & Jeremy Hall said...

oops. TOO

Micah said...

I'm gonna comment the same thing I commented Tom today.
"That's why I don't do pets."

Cindy said...

I'm telling you , they will attack the couch. I am ready for this weather to warm up. Ben is in because it is so cold and you get the picture (2 90+ lbs dogs). He slept in the house last night but they were really pretty good. I think you will end up putting the baby in a crate! Kidding! Love you

Stephanie said...

I guess just be grateful it was nothing valuable. I'm jealous. Willow can tell what the most expensive thing to chew up is.

Juli said...

Hobie would of ate the couch..your lucky it was just some Kleenex! ha!! ;o)